Welcome to Q&A for Home Maintenance Q&A section, where you can ask questions and get answers from me and other members of the community.

Spam, self-promotion, questions with abusive, inappropriate language, and irrelevant questions will be deleted.
All of the questions are moderated!

You'll be notified when your question is answered. Please reply with Feedback to share whether a solution worked or didn't work. Thank you!

Connect on Google+
Find on Google+ Local

What to do when primary pan leaks, and they no longer make replacement pans?

0 votes
My primary pan had cracks and is leaking into my secondary pan.  System is 12 years old and the manufacture does not make a spar part.  I would like to install a Hartell PAN12 in my secondary pan to pump the water into the primary drain.  Is that doable?
asked in Cooling System by larryl (120 points)
Share this question on your favorite network.

1 Answer

0 votes


Hi Larryl,
Based on the pump's description this is what it has been designed for. I understand that you don't have a drain at your secondary pan?...
You can probably do it but I would consider (assuming that there is no drain already) attaching a drain to that secondary pan. Also, depending on the shape of that damaged pan (I don’t know how complicated its design is) you can have something similar made out of aluminum, copper or galvanized sheet metal stock. It might require a few hand tools but it should be possible to duplicate its shape.
answered by darekrudy (21,730 points)