Welcome to Q&A for Home Maintenance Q&A section, where you can ask questions and get answers from me and other members of the community.

Spam, self-promotion, questions with abusive, inappropriate language, and irrelevant questions will be deleted.
All of the questions are moderated!

You'll be notified when your question is answered. Please reply with Feedback to share whether a solution worked or didn't work. Thank you!

Connect on Google+
Find on Google+ Local

What type of drip pans are available for my attic ac unit

0 votes
I currently have a galvanized steel ac drip pan in the attic.  The thing is completely rusted on the inside and rust has clogged the drain line in the past causing ceiling damage.  Are there any alternatives to galvanized pans which you recommend?


asked in Heating and AC by adam (120 points)
Share this question on your favorite network.

1 Answer

0 votes


Hi Adam,
You can get a plastic AC condensate drip pan as long as you can find the size that fits your current configuration. The only problem with HVAC equipment is that you may not be able to purchase it (even a drip pan) from a supply store without a professional license. Search for AC drip pans on Ebay, you can also try Grainger (you need to be a business ownere to open an account). Local hardware stores may have some generic ones as well.
answered by darekrudy (21,730 points)